Updated: 16 October 2022
T20 World Cup 2022: From Babar Azam To Jos Buttler, World Playing 11. The much anticipated T20 World Cup 2022 started on the 16th of October. Fans and cricket analysts from all over the world have already started giving their predictions about the various possible outcomes of the tournaments.
It is a common notion that defending champions Australia, who also happen to be the hosts this year, and Pakistan are the two teams that are most likely to win the tournament this time.
However, it is time that we also start talking about the players who are most likely to outperform the others in the T20 World Cup 2022. Thus, in this article, we are going to select an All-star world playing 11 such players from across the nations participating in the tournament who are expected to perform phenomenally.
1. Babar Azam © – Pakistan captain Babar Azam has been simply excellent in the last few years. Although he had a rough patch in the Asia Cup, he is expected to make a stunning comeback in the T20 World Cup 2022. He will be the captain of this world playing 11.
2. Mohammad Rizwan – Mohammad Rizwan is the second Pakistani player in this team, and perhaps the most responsible player in the world. He has been a top performer in almost all the international tournaments conducted lately and he is a must-have in any team.
3. Virat Kohli – India’s Virat Kohli made a sensational comeback in the 2022 Asia Cup which took place in Sri Lanka and he is expected to keep the momentum going in the upcoming T20 World Cup as well. He is the best-suited No. 3 batsman for our team.
4. Dawid Malan – England’s Dawid Malan is one of the most underrated T20I players in the world. He keeps on giving consistent performances for the National team but still somehow goes underrated. For instance, Malan has been incredible in the recently played series between England and Australia.
5. Bhanuka Rajapaksa – The Sri Lankan left-handed batsman proved to be an absolute asset for his national side in the 2022 Asia Cup and he was one of the key players who led them to glory in the tournament. He is a natural No.5 batsman and thus the best fit for this spot.
6. Jos Buttler (WK) – Jos Buttler is the second English player on this list and he will be our wicket-keeper. Buttler has been the English batsman for quite a few years now hands down. He is particularly sensational in T20I cricket and an in-form Buttler can lead any team to victory single-handedly.
7. Wanindu Hasaranga – Wanindu Hasaranga is currently the no.3 ranked T20I bowler and no.4 ranked T20I all-rounder worldwide. The gifted spinner has proved his worth in the previous edition of the T20 World Cup as well as in the Asia Cup.
8. Pat Cummins – Besides being a great pace bowler, Pat Cummins also knows his way with the bat. He has developed himself into a T20-special allrounder lately and thus we are keeping him on our team.
9. Mitchell Starc – Do we even have to justify this pick? For the past 4-5 years, Mitchell Starc has consistently been the best bowler in International tournaments. He, therefore, becomes an automatic pick in our All-star XI.
10. Shaheen Afridi – Shaheen Afridi is back from the injury that prevented him from playing in the Asia Cup and he is ready to wreak havoc in the World Cup. The Pakistani speedster is undoubtedly one of the most feared pace bowlers in the world and is the 3rd pacer in our team.
11. Rashid Khan – Rashid Khan is perhaps the biggest name that is dragging the Afghanistan team on his shoulders currently. He is the face of the team besides being one of the most dreaded spinners in this world.