Updated: 21 October 2022
Weekly International Cricket Matches Results And News- From October 13th-October 19th. The action has shifted towards Australia, the top 12 teams, followed by other 8 associate nations have assembled to participate in the 8th edition of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022. During the next month, cricket fans can expect some high-octane matches in the southeastern part of Asia.
There was quite a few cricket news that surfaced on the internet. Some of them are worth mentioning. Given below are the weekly International cricket match results and news from October 13th– October 20th, 2022.
Result Of Recently Concluded International Cricket Matches
- England wins the 3-match-T20 series against Australia by 2-0, as the final match gets washed out due to no result- 14th October.
- Namibia defeats Sri Lanka by 55 runs in the first match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 qualifying round – 16TH October.
- Netherlands defeats UAE by 3 wickets in the 2nd match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 qualifying round – 16th October.
- Scotland defeats West Indies by 42 runs in the 3rd match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 17th October.
- Zimbabwe defeats Ireland by 31 runs in the 4th match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 17th October.
- Netherlands defeat Namibia by 5 wickets in the 5th match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 18th October.
- Sri Lanka defeats UAE by 79 runs in the 6th match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 18th October.
- Ireland defeats Scotland by 6 wickets in the 7th match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 19th October.
- West Indies defeats Zimbabwe by 31 runs in the 8th match of the ICC T20 World Cup qualifying round- 19th October.
Top news related to cricket
- Cricket Australia has contemplated lifting the captaincy ban on David Warner- 13th October
- Women’s IPL to kickstart in march 2023, with 5 teams and 5 overseas players in the playing X1- 13th October
- Gulzar Inder Singh, Punjab cricket association chief resigns after alleged allegation of “illegal activities”- 13th October
- Over 6,00,000 tickets have already been sold for the ICC T20 World Cup 2022- 14th October
- Mohammed Shami replaces Jasprit Bumrah in the Indian 15-member squad for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022- 14th October
- Prithvi Shaw hits his maiden century in the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament against Assam. He scored 134 runs of 62 deliveries- 14th October
- Fakhar Zaman replaces Usman Qadir in the Pakistan 15-member squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2022- 14th October.
- India defeats Sri Lanka by 8 wickets to win the women’s Asia Cup 2022- 15th October.
- Harmanpreet Kaur becomes the most capped women’s player in the T20 format- 15th October.
- IPL teams told to submit the list of retained players by November 15th 2022- 16th October.
- India defeats Australia by 6 runs in the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 warm-up match- 17th October.
- Roger Binny officially appointed as the 36th BCCI president- 18th October
- Pat Cummins named as the new ODI captain for Australia- 18th October
- Karthik Meiyappan becomes the first UAE bowler to claim a Hat-trick in T20- 18th October
- India won’t travel to Pakistan for the Asia Cup 2023, says BCCI secretary Jay Shah- 18th October
- Pakistan threatens not to participate in the ICC 50 overs world cup to be organized in India next year, if India does not visit Pakistan for the Asia Cup 2023- 19th October