T20 World Cup 2022 Awards List: Player Of The Tournament, Highest Run-Scorer, And What You Need To Know. The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup has finally ended. The current 50-over champions England defeated Pakistan in a nail-biting final game. Chasing a small target of 138 runs, the English team almost faltered after the 10th over, where suddenly runs dried in.
It seemed as if Pakistan will repeat the history of 1992. But, the injury to Shaheen-Shah Afridi in the 16th over, meant that Pakistan was one bowler short. Iftikhar leaked runs in the next 4 balls, giving England the momentum. The winning shot came from Ben Stokes in the final ball of the 19th over, giving England 5 wicket victory.
Pakistan had a miraculous entry into the semi-finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 when the Netherlands defeated South Africa. They sailed through the semi-final match against New Zealand with a convincing victory. But, the final trophy alluded to them this time.
England had a consistent run throughout the tournament and they once again proved why they are the real boss. Sam Curran was awarded the player of the match award in the T20 WC 2022 final for his excellent spell, 4/12/3. He was also awarded the Player of the tournament for his consistent performance, picking crucial 13 wickets.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022: Most Runs, Most Wickets
- Most runs- Virat Kohli (India)- 296 runs in 6 innings.
- Most wickets- Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka)- 15 wickets-8 matches
- T20 WC 2022 player of the match award in the final- Sam Curran (England)
- T20 WC 2022 player of the tournament award- Sam Curran (England)
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022: Miscellaneous Stats
- Highest batting average- Virat Kohli (India)- 98.67- 6 innings
- Highest strike rate- Surya Kumar Yadav (India)- 189.68- 6 innings
- Most hundred- Glenn Phillips (New Zealand) and Rilee Rossow (South Africa)-1
- Most fifty- Virat Kohli (India)- 6
- Most sixes- Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)- 11
- Most boundaries- Surya Kumar Yadav (India)- 26
- Best bowling average- Anrich Nortje (South Africa)- 8.55
- Best bowling figure- Sam Curran (England)- 5/10 vs Afghanistan
- Most 5 wicket hall- Sam Curran (England)- 1
- Best economy- Jason Holder (West Indies)- 4.74
- Most man of the match- Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)- 3