France Announces 25-Man Squad For FIFA World Cup 2022. France’s head coach Didier Deschamps has finally announced their 25-man squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. It is hands down one of the most fearsome squads in the tournament but we can not help but spot some big weaknesses in it. Although they have a huge squad depth, some of the positions really lack good players and that might be something to worry about for them in case of injuries.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at defending champions France’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, picking out the Top 3 Players to watch out for and we shall also predict their possible fate in the tournament.
Also Read: FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina’s 26-Member Squad, Top 3 Players, And Winning Prediction
FIFA World Cup 2022: France Squad
- Goalkeepers: Lloris (Tottenham), Mandanda (Rennes) & Areola (West Ham United)
- Defenders: Jules Koundé (Barcelona), Ibrahima Konaté (Liverpool), L. Hernandez, (Bayern Munich), Theo Hernandez (AC Milan), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern Munich), W Saliba (Arsenal), Axel Disasi (Monaco) Dayot Upamecano (Bayern Munich), Raphael Varane (Manchester United).
- Midfielders: Camavinga (Real Madrid), Youssouf Fofana (Chelsea), Guendouzi (Marseille), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Tchouaméni (Real Madrid), Veretout (Marseille).
- Forwards: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Coman (Bayern Munich), Dembélé (Barcelona), Giroud (AC Milan), Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Nkunku (RB Leipzig).
Also Read:- Qatar 2022: Portugal World Cup 2022 Squad, And Winning Prediction
FIFA World Cup 2022: France’s Top 3 Players to Watch Out for
1. Kylian Mbappe – PSG’s Kylian Mbappe is currently one of the best players in the world. He was only 19 years old during the last World Cup but still, he ended up being one of their most important players. The 23-year-old is already a World Cup winner and he will definitely be one of the best players in the 2022 FIFA World Cup as well.
2. Karim Benzema – The 2022 Ballon d’Or has already made it clear that he will try to prove why he deserves the award through his performances in the FIFA World Cup. He was not in France’s World Cup-winning side in 2018. However, with him on their side now, they are more dangerous than ever.
3. Antoine Griezmann – Antoine Griezmann might not be in great form lately as far as club football is concerned but he always steps up in International matches. He was elemental in their 2018 FIFA World Cup win and is expected to be their main playmaker this year as well.
FIFA World Cup 2022: France Winning Prediction
While it is true that the defending champions have been in poor form lately, they have the best squad in the world and can turn things around in any match. Thus it would be foolish to write them off. We predict that they will qualify for the semis easily.