Qatar 2022: Portugal World Cup 2022 Squad, And Winning Prediction. Portugal head coach Fernando Santos has announced their 26-men squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. Although it is a well-balanced squad, there have been some surprise calls. For example, the decision to leave out Renato Sanches was completely unexpected.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at Portugal’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, picking out the Top 3 Players to watch out for and we shall also predict they’re possible fate in the tournament.
FIFA World Cup 2022: Portugal Squad
- Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (Porto), Jose SA (Wolves), Rui Patricio (Roma).
- Defenders: Joao Cancelo (Manchester City), Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), Pepe (Porto), Ruben Dias (Manchester City), Danilo Pereira (PSG), Antonio Silva (Benfica), Nuno Mendes (psg), R. Guerrerio (Dortmund)
- Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Ruben Neves (Wolves), William (Real Betis), Palhinha (Fulham), Vitinha (PSG), Otavio (Porto), Matheus Nunes (Wovles), Joao Mario (Benfica).
- Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid), Rafael Leao (AC Milan), Ricardo Horta (Braga), Andre Silva (RB Leipzig), Goncalo Ramos (Benfica).
FIFA World Cup 2022: Portugal’s Top 3 Players to Watch out for
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Cristiano Ronaldo might not have been in such great form lately for his club Manchester United, but when it comes to International football, he always steps up for Portugal when they need him the most. He is the highest International goal scorer for a reason after all. He was the highest scorer in the recently played Euro 2021 as well and we expect him to be in a similar form this year as well.
2. Raphael Leao – Winger Raphael Leao has been one of the best players in Serie A for the last two years. He was the key player in AC Milan’s Scudetto-winning side in 2021. It was due to his consistency that he was selected for the Portugal squad. He will not have a brilliant opportunity to prove himself on the International stage.
3. Bernado Silva – Bernado Silva will be the main playmaker in this team. His combination with Bruno Fernandes will be a great threat to any team in the world and we expect him to be Portugal’s most important player in FIFA World Cup 2022. He currently plays for Premier League side Manchester City.
FIFA World Cup 2022: Portugal Winning Prediction
Although Portugal hardly qualified for the FIFA World Cup 2022, they have a pretty strong squad and they can shock the world in this tournament. However, we do not expect them to do something too unexpected. A quarter-final finish for them will be good enough.