Updated: 26 November 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina’s 26-Member Squad, Top 3 Players, And Winning Prediction. Argentina is undoubtedly one of the favorites to win the FIFA World Cup 2022. They have recently won the Copa America 2021 and the La Finalissima and are currently on a 35-match unbeaten streak. They have not lost a single match since the 2019 Copa America and that shows how much this side has transformed under manager Lionel Scaloni.
After a long wait, Scaloni has finally announced Argentina’s 26-man squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. Although there have been a few upsets due to injuries, the crux of the Argentina squad remains the same.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at Argentina’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, picking out the Top 3 Players to watch out for and we shall also predict they’re possible fate in the tournament.
FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina Squad
- Goalkeepers: Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa), Franco Armani (River Plate), and Geronimo Rulli (Villarreal) .
- Defenders: Nahule Molina (Atlético Madrid), Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla), Cristian Romero (Tottenham), German Pezzella (Real Betis), Nicolas Otamendi (Benfica), Lisandro Martinez (Manchester United), Marcos Acuna (Sevilla), Nicolas Tagliafico (Lyon), Juan Foyth (Villarreal).
- Midfielders: Alexis mac Allister (Brighton), Guido Rodriguez (Real Betis), Rodrigo de Paul (Atletico Madrid), Leandro Paredes (Juventus), Alejandro Gomez (Sevilla), Enzo Fernandez (Benfica), Exequiel Palacios (Bayer Leverkusen).
- Forwards: Angel di Maria (Juventus), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan), Juilan Alvarez (Manchester City), Nicolas Gonazales (Fiorentina), Joaquin Correa (Inter Milan), Paulo Dybala (AS Roma), Lionel Messi (PSG).
FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina’s Top 3 Players to Watch out for
1. Lionel Messi – Lionel Messi is undoubtedly the most important player in this Argentina side. The whole team revolves around him. He is the main playmaker and the main attacker and on his good day, the opposition literally has no chance at all.
He has been in excellent form this season – both in club football and International football. We now expect him to continue his brilliant performances in the World Cup.
2. Rodrigo De Paul – Rodrigo De Paul is a Defensive midfielder who plays for La Liga side Atletico Madrid. He is the heart of Argentina’s midfield and the link between the forward and the defence line.
He is also extremely physical and thus it is extremely difficult to outmuscle him. He is ready to shine at the FIFA World Cup after giving a great performance in Copa America.
3. Emiliano Martinez – Emiliano Martinez is widely considered to be the ‘Great Wall of Argentina’ ever since Copa America 2021. He was simply unstoppable at Copa America and one of the biggest reasons why Argentina won the competition. He is expected to do the same at FIFA World Cup 2022 and he will probably try to get the Golden Gloves as well.
FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina Winning Prediction
As we mentioned earlier, Argentina is one of the favorites to win the FIFA World Cup 2022. They have a perfectly balanced team with great chemistry. But Argentina’s FIFA 2022 campaign starts with a shocking, unbelievable defeat against Saudi Arabia. It is the last world cup for Lionel Messi and thus he would want to make the best out of it.
If they will lose to either Mexico or Poland then this favorite team’s journey of Qatar 2022 will end. We thus think that Argentina will at least qualify for the last 16 and have a good chance of winning it as well.