ICC ODI World Cup 2023: Afghanistan vs Netherlands Head-To-Head Records & Stats In ODIs. Afghanistan and the Netherlands are by far the two biggest dark horses or underdogs in the 2023 ODI World Cup. They have attained some miraculous feats in the tournament this year by beating some strong teams and shocking the world. Afghanistan beat Pakistan, England, and Sri Lanka so far in the tournament, while the Netherlands beat South Africa and Bangladesh.
Both teams are highly unpredictable and are in contention to qualify for the semifinals of the tournament. Thus, the match between them today will be make-or-break as the losing team is sure to go out of contention for a place in the semis. If Afghanistan wins the match, they will become serious contenders for the semis, as they will then have the same points as fourth-placed Australia. Afghanistan currently has 6 points in 6 matches, while the Netherlands has 4 points in 6 matches.
Afghanistan vs Netherlands Head-to-Head Stats & Records In ODIs
- Total Match Played: 9 matches
- Afghanistan Won: 7 matches
- Netherlands Won: 2 matches
- Highest score (NED) – 256/9 in 50 overs
- Lowest score (NED) – 156/1 in 26.2 overs
- Highest score (AFG)- 259/5 in 46.2 overs
- Lowest score (AFG) – 153 in 39.2 overs
- Highest individual score (NED) – Tom Cooper – 101 (155)
- Highest individual score (AFG) – Mohammad Shahzad – 110 (111)
- Best bowling figures (NED) – Peter Borren – 4/32
- Best bowling figures (AFG) – Shapoor Zadran – 4/24
Afghanistan vs Netherlands Head-to-Head Stats In ODI World Cup
Afghanistan and Netherlands have never faced each other in a World Cup match before and this will be the first time that we see the two teams clash in a World Cup match of any format.
Afghanistan Squad for 2023 ODI World Cup
Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Ikram Alikhil, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Abdul Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi.
Netherlands Squad for 2023 ODI World Cup
Scott Edwards (c), Aryan Dutt, Ryan Klein, Wesley Barresi, Saqib Zulfiqar, Shariz Ahmad, Sybrand Engelbrecht, Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Vikram Singh, Teja Nidamanuru, Paul van Meekeren, Colin Ackermann, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek.