India's Medal Tally At CWG 2022
Image Source-

Updated: 29 July 2022

Commonwealth Games 2022: India Schedule, Events, Live Streaming, And Broadcast Details Sponsors. The much-anticipated Commonwealth Games 2022, also known as Birmingham 2022, is scheduled to be held from July 28 to August 8, 2022. This will be the 22nd edition of the CWG first played in 1930 in Hamilton, Canada. India has sent a total of 213-member (108 men & 105 women) strong contingent for the mega event, and the athletes will be participating in 16 sports/events including cricket and hockey over the course of 9 days.

Also Read: Asia Cup Cricket 2022: Schedule, Venue, Teams, Time Table, And Winners List

Commonwealth Games 2022 Details
Dates- 28 July- 8 August 2022
Host- England (Birmingham)
Participating Nations- 72
Events – 280
Main Venue- Alexander Stadium

Two-time Olympic medalist PV Sindhu will be the flagbearer of India in CWG 2022.

Commonwealth Games 2022, Indian Players & Events

Tokyo Olympics 2020 gold medallist Neeraj Chopra, PV Sindhu (Badminton), Mirabai Chanu & Lovlina Borgohain (weightlifting), and the men’s & women’s hockey teams are some of the names that will represent the country. India will be participating in Athletics, Badminton, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Hockey, Judo, Squash, Swimming, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Swimming, Table Tennis & Triathlon.

CWG Birmingham 2022 Indian Women’s Cricket Team

Commonwealth Games 2022 will see cricket’s second appearance in the CWG program. The first time, at Kuala Lumpur CWG in 1998, featured a men’s 50-over cricket tournament but at Birmingham 2022, a women’s T20I format will be played. India, Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Barbados, Sri Lanka & Pakistan, an eight-team will take part in CWG 2022.

Also Read: India vs West Indies Head-To-Head Stats, Records In T20, ODI, And Test Cricket

Australia, India, Pakistan, and Barbados are in Group A while, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, South Africa, and England have been placed in Group B. The Indian women’s cricket team is one of the five teams who qualified for the Commonwealth Games 2022 through the ICC WT20I ranking.

One of the biggest attractions of CWG will be the Indian women’s cricket team facing arch-rivals Pakistan at Edgbaston. Apart from that, the Indian men’s hockey team will take on Ghana in their group match.

CWG, Birmingham 2022 Budget

The budget for Birmingham 2022 is lower than the £967 million spent on the Gold Coast 2018 but higher than the £543 million spent on Glasgow 2014. It is set to be the most expensive sporting event in England since the 2012 Summer Olympics in London which cost £8.8 billion. The UK Government will cover 75% (£594 million) and Birmingham City Council will cover the rest 25% (£184 million).

Commonwealth Games 2022 Sponsors

Commonwealth Games 2022 Partners- Longines, University Of Birmingham, e.on, Chase, Severn Trent, Dettol
Supporters- PWC, North, Canon, GOWLING WLG, Aruba, Aggreko.

CWG 2022 India Broadcast Channel & Live Streaming

Sony Pictures Network (SPN) has bought the broadcast rights for CWG Birmingham 2022 in India. Sony Ten 1, SonyTen 2, Sony6. Live streaming will be available on SonyLiv App.