Full Details Of BCCI’s 19th Apex Council Meeting. On the 7th of July 2023, The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) hold its 19th Apex Council Meetup in Mumbai. BCCI Secretary Jay Shah made numerous decisions regarding the future of cricket and its players. The Board has also decided to make improvements to stadiums in stages in preparation for the ODI World Cup 2023.
The first ever Apex Council Meeting was held back on 30th November 2019 when Sourav Ganguly was the Honorary President and Chairman of BCCI. However, Roger Binny is the President and Chairman of the 19th Apex Council Meet.
Key Decisions Of The Meeting
1. The BCCI will develop a guideline for its players (including retired players) regarding participation in international T20 leagues.
2. Board will send both men’s and women’s teams in the Asian Games 2023, which will be held China (Hangzhou), in September 2023. However, because the Asian Games timetable coincides with the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, the BCCI will choose those players who will not compete in the upcoming World Cup.
3. The BCCI will continue with the Impact Player idea in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in the coming season, with two changes from the previous year’s campaign and the Indian Premier League –
(a) Prior to the toss, the sides must pick their starting XI as well as four substitution players; and
(b) Both teams can use the Impact Player at any time throughout the game. The Impact Player had to be placed before the 14th over of an innings in the last season of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
4. To equalise the contest between bat and ball, the BCCI has opted to use two bouncers each over in the forthcoming Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
5. The BCCI plans to upgrade stadiums across the nation in two stages:
(a) The first phase will deal with the upgrading of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 sites, which must be completed before the World Cup commences; and
(b) The second phase will include upgrades to the remaining venues.