Updated: 21 November 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022: England Squad, Top 3 Players, And Winning Prediction. England’s head coach Gareth Southgate has announced their 26-men squad for the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022 which starts on Nov 20th. He has clearly made some controversial picks that have raised serious questions about his approach in the upcoming World Cup.
Southgate already gets a lot of criticism from fans due to England’s recent performances in the big tournaments. Despite having one of the best squads in the world, they were recently relegated from the UEFA Nations League. Southgate’s poor judgment is also said to be the prime reason why England bottled the Euro 2021 and FIFA World Cup 2018 from winning positions.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at England’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, picking out the Top 3 Players to watch out for and we shall also predict their possible fate in the tournament.
Also Read: FIFA World Cup 2022: All Teams List, Captain, And Coach
FIFA World Cup 2022: England Squad
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale.
- Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ben White.
- Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice.
- Forwards: Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson.
FIFA World Cup 2022: England’s Top 3 players to Watch out for
1. Harry Kane – England’s captain Harry Kane has consistently been their top performer and top goal scorer in the last few International tournaments. He is in top form in the ongoing season as well and we expect a stellar performance from him in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Harry Kane is definitely one of the top contenders to win the Golden Boot in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Also Read: Argentina vs Brazil: Head To Head, Last 10 Matches, Statistics, FIFA World Cup 2022 Groups, And World Cup Prediction
2. Phil Foden – 22-year-old Phil Foden will be playing his first ever World Cup this year. He has earlier won the U-17 FIFA World Cup with the England U-17 team in India back in 2017. He thus has experience playing in under-pressure situations like this.
Phil is undoubtedly one of the most gifted young attackers in the world and is currently one of the most important players for Manchester City.
3. Jude Bellingham – We do not know surely whether Gareth Southgate has Jude Bellingham in his plans yet but the youngster has proved to be worthy of being in their Playing XI this season. He is simply on fire with his club Borussia Dortmund. He is very clinical in the box besides being a gifted playmaker.
FIFA World Cup 2022: England Winning Prediction
England has a pretty good squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. If they do not end up messing things up as they did in the 2018 World Cup and Euro 2021, they have a good chance of making it at least to the final.
Also Read: FIFA World Cup 2022 Schedule PDF Download
However, for that to happen, many things should start working in favor of the Three Lions. For example, all their key players need to be in their top forms. However, whatever the case, England will surely qualify for the Semi-finals at least.